How does it work?
1. Install the APP "rest-to-sms.apk" (download)
2. Connect your phone to a WI-FI network
3. Run this application on your device. The App will open a small web server on your device
4. Once activated the App will show you the URL (IP Address) that you have to use in order to send SMS messages
5. For example:
http://<ip of your device>:8084?phone=+001-123-1234567&msg=ShortMsg
6. You can use a web browser to check and see that everything is working. You have to pass 2 parameters to the API
1. phone= The target phone number
2. msg= The message that would be sent to this number
You can use this App to forward up to 100 SMS messages to your API server. After that you will have to buy an extension that will allow the App to be used for any number of SMS messages. The price is 7$ - One time payment, no monthly payment needed
Note that in order to install this App you will have to allow installing Apps from "unknown sources". why?
"RECEIVE_SMS","READ_SMS","SEND_SMS","WRITE_SMS": to be able to grab the SMS messages that are received by the device. "FOREGROUND_SERVICE","WAKE_LOCK": to be able run as a service. "INTERNET" : to be able to send the message to your API server.
Images Of The Apps Pages
- Main Page (ON)
- Main Page (OFF)
- Configuration Page
1. "Rest API To SMS" forwards all incoming text messages to the rEST endpoint provided in the main screen configuration page.
2. "Rest API To SMS" stores locally on the device a list of all message and phone number that where forwarded to the rEST API
This list is visible at the "logs" tab.
3. "Rest API To SMS" does not send or share the data to any other endpoint apart from the one provided by the user in the main configuration tab.
4. User can clear the forwarding logs at any time from the logs tab. "Rest API To SMS" does not store the data in other places.